HSE is not responsible for and cannot guarantee the accuracy of information on websites it does not manage. Inclusion of external websites on this page does not mean HSE endorses those sites.
- Sport and Recreational Alliance
is the umbrella organisation for the governing and representative bodies of sport and recreation in the UK. Contact details for these governing and representative bodies can be found by going to the Sport and Recreation Alliance website.
- Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA)
is the new single professional body for the sector in the UK.
- Visitor Safety in the Countryside Group
has published practical guidance for organisations concerned with safe access to the countryside. It includes information on identifying and managing risks, and on the application of the law to visitor safety.
- National Water Safety Forum
is an association of organisations that have a wide variety of interests and responsibilities for water safety.
- Register of Play Inspectors International (RPII)
examines, accredits and certificates individual play equipment inspectors.
- Association of Play Industries (API)
is the lead trade body within the play sector, representing manufacturers, designers and distributors of both indoor and outdoor play equipment.
- National Karting Association (NKA)
represents karting circuits throughout the UK and provides advice on all aspects of circuit safety.
- Primary aim of the European All-Terrain Vehicle Safety Institute (EASI)
is to promote the safe and responsible use of ATVs, thereby reducing accidents and injuries that may result from improper ATV use.
- Play Safety Forum (PSF)
is an independent forum hosted by Play England as part of its work to research, develop and advocate effective policies and good practice for play provision.
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA)
publishes guidance on leisure safety.