7. Cleaning, hygiene and hand sanitiser
Use signs and posters to help your workers to practice good handwashing technique and to remind them to cough/sneeze into an arm and avoid touching their faces.
- provide handwashing facilities with running water, soap and paper towels
- provide hand sanitiser at locations in addition to washrooms
- provide hand sanitiser nearby for people getting in and out of vehicles or handling deliveries, if they are unable to wash their hands
Make sure that surfaces remain clean. This may mean increasing the level and frequency of cleaning as well as cleaning surfaces that you may not ordinarily clean.
Clean equipment frequently
- Set clear guidance for the use and cleaning of toilets, showers and changing facilities to make sure they are kept clean and social distancing is achieved as much as possible
- Clean work areas and equipment between uses
- Frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly
- If equipment like tools or vehicles are shared then clean them after each use
Find out more about cleaning your workplace to reduce risk from coronavirus (COVID-19).