The Health and Safety Executive is carrying out spot checks and inspections on all types of businesses in all areas to ensure they are COVID-secure.
Our inspectors make thousands of visits to businesses every year, and we are making calls so we can give expert advice on how to manage the risks and protect workers, customers and visitors. We are also working closely with local authorities, assisting them in the sectors they regulate such as hospitality and retail.
By calling and visiting premises and speaking directly to employers, we can check the measures they've put in place are in line with government guidance.
As well as participating in the phone calls and visits, there are sensible and proportionate steps you should take to help keep your workplace COVID-secure, including:
- carrying out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- maintaining social distancing
- keeping your workplace clean, with handwashing and hygiene procedures
The following video explains:
- how spot inspections work
- what our inspectors will need to check
- how they can help you keep your workplace COVID-secure
- actions we will take if employers are not managing the risk of COVID spreading
Page last reviewed: 16 October 2020
Next review due: 2 November 2020