5. Vehicle cleaning
Ensure vehicles are cleaned regularly, particularly between different users. Clean commonly touched areas in vehicles including:
- handles (inside and out)
- steering wheel and starter button
- centre touchscreen and stereo
- handbrake and gearstick
- keys and key fob
- indicators and wiper stalks
- windows, mirrors and mirror switches, seat adjusters and any other controls
Ensure that people practice good hygiene before and after using the vehicle. Provide hand sanitiser where necessary.
Find out more
- Driver welfare and hours of work at delivery and collection sites during the pandemic
- Social distancing when using vehicles
- On GOV.UK there is guidance for people who work in or from vehicles setting out control measures to help protect workers.
This page is reviewed regularly and updated to reflect any changes in the guidance.
Page last reviewed: 31 March 2021
Next review due: 30 April 2021