5. Vehicle cleaning
Consider cleaning vehicles regularly, particularly between different users. Cleaning could include commonly touched areas in vehicles including:
- handles (inside and out)
- steering wheel and starter button
- centre touchscreen and stereo
- handbrake and gearstick
- keys and key fob
- indicators and wiper stalks
- windows, mirrors and mirror switches, seat adjusters and any other controls
Encourage people to practise good hygiene before and after using the vehicle. Provide hand sanitiser where necessary.
Find out more
- Keeping workplaces safe as coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions are removed
- On GOV.UK there is guidance for people who work in or from vehicles, setting out control measures to help protect workers.
We review and update this page regularly to reflect any changes in guidance.
Page last reviewed: 30 September 2021
Next review due: 31 October 2021