5. Vehicle cleaning
Ensure vehicles are cleaned regularly, particularly between different users. Clean commonly touched areas in vehicles including:
- handles (inside and out)
- steering wheel and starter button
- centre touchscreen and stereo
- handbrake and gearstick
- keys and key fob
- indicators and wiper stalks
- windows, mirrors and mirror switches, seat adjusters and any other controls
Ensure that people practice good hygiene before and after using the vehicle. Provide hand sanitiser where necessary.
Find out more
- Driver welfare and hours of work at delivery and collection sites during the pandemic
- Social distancing when using vehicles
- On GOV.UK there is guidance for people who work in or from vehicles setting out control measures to help protect workers.
Page last reviewed: 31 December 2020
Next review due: 29 January 2021