Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.
- Shattered lives, 2009 Preventing slips, trips and falls in the workplace
- Asbestos: The hidden killer, 2009 Raising awareness amongst tradesmen that they are at risk from exposure to asbestos.
- Fit Out, 2005 National inspections looked at the issues of low falls and good order at construction projects that are approaching completion.
- Better backs, 2006 Increased awareness of how to tackle back pain and upper limb disorder at work
- Falls from vehicles, 2007 Promoted good practice to prevent falls from vehicles
- Ladder exchange, 2008 If a contractor had a ladder which was bent, broken or battered they could part exchange it for a new one with a discount of up to 50%
- Healthy handling 2005 National targeted inspections focusing on order and organisation fundamental to occupational health management; lifting and carrying; wet cement skin which may lead to dermatitis and burns; and hand-held vibrating tools.
- Watch your step 2006 National targeted inspections looking at good order issues on construction sites and how effectively these were being managed with the aim of reducing trip injuries on site.
- Falls and trips in construction 2007-2010 National targeted inspections of refurbishment sites looking at the risks associated with falls from height and good order on site.
- Safer sites initiative 2014 Construction Inspectors carried out a major inspection and enforcement initiative targeting the refurbishment sector.