Are you an employer?
You have a number of responsibilities by law. In general, employers must:
- Decide who will help with your duties
- Write a H & S policy for your business
- Manage the risks in your workplace
- Consult your employees
- Provide training and information
- Provide the right workplace facilities
- Make arrangements for first aid, accidents and ill health
- Display the health & safety law poster
- Get insurance for your business
- Keep up to date
Depending on the type of work you do there may be other risks that are relevant to your business. For some risks there are particular control measures that are required by law.
For example you may work with chemicals and need to ensure that substances are moved, stored and used safely.
Or you may need to make sure that plant and machinery are safe and that systems of work are set and followed.
For more information on other risks that may be relevant to your business check the topics section.