This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

No-deal guidance

We have produced guidance to help you prepare in the event the UK leaves the EU without a deal (and therefore without an implementation period):

  • Biocides Authorisation of biocidal substances and products
  • CLP Classification, labelling and packaging of substances and chemicals
  • PIC Export and import of hazardous chemicals from and into Europe
  • PPP Pesticides or Plant Protection Products
  • REACH Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals
  • Explosives
  • Equipment and machinery

Changes to legislation 

As contingency government has made changes to legislation. The changes ensure regulation of chemicals continues if the UK leaves the EU without a deal.

Amendments are to:

'No-deal' guidance on GOV.UK

You can check what changes might affect you by reading the government’s guidance on helping you to prepare your business for EU Exit.

Manufacture, supply and marketing of fertilisers if there is no deal

The Department for the Environment, Food and Rural Affairs have prepared guidance for manufacturers and suppliers of fertilisers to prepare for the rules and processes that will apply if the UK leaves the EU with no deal.

HSE’s role in issuing exemptions for those manufacturing, supplying, importing or keeping ammonium nitrate for use other than as a fertiliser (‘technical grade ammonium nitrate’) remains unchanged in the event of no deal.

Updated: 2019-04-29