Information, instruction and training
Employers have responsibilities under health and safety legislation to provide suitable and sufficient information, instruction and training for their employees. This includes providing information on:
- whether employees could be exposed to blood-borne viruses and how;
- the risks posed by this exposure;
- the main findings of any risk assessment;
- the precautions employees should take to protect themselves and other employees, contract staff or visitors;
- how they should use and dispose of any PPE that is provided; and
- what procedures they should follow in the event of an emergency.