Workers in the education sector may be at risk of exposure to BBV mainly when dealing with blood spillage. Staff may also come across discarded needles from trespassers on educational premises.
- Useful guidance can be found at Dept Health guidance Children in Need; HIV and Hepatitis and Blood borne Viruses.
- Blood borne virus educational material is produced by HIT.
- Control of substances hazardous to health (Fifth edition)
- Blood borne viruses in the workplace: Guidance for employers and employees
- Providing and using work equipment safely: A brief guide