Custodial Services ( Prison / detention centres)
The National Aids Trust (NAT) reports indicate increased prevalence of HIV and Hepatitis C in prisoners within the UK. NAT and others have produced guidance and advice for the inmates and staff of the prison community:
- HM Prison Service - Blood Borne and Related Communicable Diseases.
- Specific occupational advice is presented in: HM Prison Service Instruction PSO 8900 - Occupational Health - Blood borne viruses.
- Control of substances hazardous to health (Fifth edition)
- Blood borne viruses in the workplace: Guidance for employers and employees
- Providing and using work equipment safely: A brief guide