Working with others
HSE works closely with external and internal partners to help deliver the reduction in occupational asthma, including the Trade Union Congress, the Confederation of British Industry and Asthma UK.
The Asthma Partnership Board
The Board develops and oversees partnership actions to reduce occupational asthma and asthma made worse by work.
The Health and Safety Laboratory (HSL)
The Health and Safety Laboratory (HSL) supports HSE's mission to ensure that risks to people's health and safety from work activities are properly controlled.
The Group of Occupational Respiratory Disease Specialists (GORDS)
GORDS is working with the Health and Safety Executive and UK Consultant Respiratory Physicians, who have a clinical and research interest in occupational asthma and other occupational lung disease.
The Group works to help reduce the impact of work on respiratory health through:
- members advising on various aspects of lung disease related to work
- promoting wider understanding and consideration of the impact that work can have on respiratory health and respiratory health on work
- improving the consistency of diagnostic criteria to assist with HSE monitoring the incidence of respiratory disease at work
- contributing to the research agenda on the impact of work on respiratory health.
The group meet 2/3 times a year to discuss the above in the broader context of work and health.
As members of the Asthma Partnership Board Asthma UK works with the Health and Safety Executive to help deliver the reduction in Occupational Asthma.
The Asthma UK website provides more information.
- Isocyanate paint spraying: Safely managing spray booths and rooms
- Bakers - time to clear the air!
- Safety in motor vehicle repair: working with 2-pack isocyanate paints
- Asthmagen Compendium
- Working with substances hazardous to health