Selecting a competent surveyor
Accreditation or certification provides clients with an assurance of a surveyor's competence.
- Have survey knowledge, and know the risks in surveying
- Have training and experience, and recognise their limitations
- Use an effective quality management system
- Showould be able to demonstrate independence, impartiality and integrity
- Do their work in accordance with good practice guidance, eg as in HSG264
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service, UKAS accredits surveying inspection bodies. The UKAS website helps you to find a surveyor.
Accreditation and good performance in a quality assurance scheme provides an assurance of a laboratory's competence in asbestos analysis.
The United Kingdom Accreditation Service, UKAS accredits laboratories. The UKAS website helps you to find an asbestos testing laboratory.