8. Write your asbestos management plan
Before arranging for any work to be done you should start by writing an 'asbestos management plan'.
This should include:
- who is responsible for managing asbestos;
- the asbestos register you have just made;
- plans for work on asbestos materials;
- the schedule for monitoring the materials' condition; and
- telling people about your decisions.
The plan must say who is responsible for what. It can be written or held as a computer based record. Make it easy to read and easy to find when you, or anyone else, needs it. It must be easy to update.
- Update your plan whenever work affects asbestos materials.
- Record your regular monitoring of the condition of asbestos materials.