10. Tell people what you're doing
With your asbestos management plan in place, you need to tell people about your findings and decisions.
- Tell your employees.
- Train your maintenance workers to ask about asbestos for every job.
- Make sure everyone knows how to report problems so you can remedy defects.
You should stick labels on anything that contains or might contain asbestos if it is located where people are likely to disturb or damage it. Get these from safety sign companies.
Warn anyone who is going to work on the fabric of your building, eg
- construction: builders, roofers, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, shop fitters;
- installation: plumbers, gas fitters, electricians, phone, alarm and data-wire installers, heating and ventilation engineers;
- maintenance: engineers, repairers;
- excavation and demolition contractors, surveyors.