12. Keep your records up to date
You should always keep your records up to date.
- Update the asbestos register whenever you have work done on asbestos materials.
- Check materials at least once a year to make sure they haven't deteriorated.
- Check against your asbestos register and identify
- who is going to make these checks
- when, and
- why they are able to do the work, eg training.
- Update your asbestos management plan and date it.
- Warn everyone - employees and contractors - to check the asbestos register whenever work may disturb asbestos materials. They must ask the manager or supervisor.
You have now completed a 'Managing my Asbestos' risk assessment. You have all the documentation necessary to fulfil your duty to manage the asbestos in your premises.