Get the right people in the right place at the right time, building and making best use of their skills to deliver key objectives
||Action proposed and targets set
2.1) ensure quicker and easier recruitment and vacancy filling.
|PD and D/D vacancy holders
- PD and D/Ds will work jointly to simplify and speed up recruitment processes to achieve greatest permissible reduction in time to take up post (target: 2 weeks/recruit, 300 - 350 new recruits).
- PD and D/Ds will work jointly to cut the average time to fill internal vacancies (300 posts per year: 90% of results announced within 9 weeks of advert).
- vacancy filling procedures are supported by all stakeholders
- recruitment targets are achieved.
- vacancy filling targets achieved.
- programme evaluated.
|Staff development and training
2.2) ensure better trained and supported managers.
|PD and D/D managers
- all staff will have a personal development plan agreed with their line manager.
- everyone who needs to will be able to attend key effective managers modules.
- PDPs prepared to agreed quality standards.
- targets for training managers achieved and effectiveness evaluated.
2.3) help and encourage staff to develop and use their skills.
- modify the new performance management system to link development with reward by 2002/03
- in 2001-02 we will obtain corporate recognition under IiP
- A new training and development strategy to focus spend (£6m pa) better on business needs and longer term developments will be introduced
- an e-learning strategy will be developed and implemented.
- reward system in place and effectiveness measured.
- corporate IiP status achieved.
- new training and development strategy agreed and implemented to agreed cost and quality standards.
- e-learning strategy agreed and implemented to acceptable cost and quality standards.
2.4) Bring on talent.
|PD and D/Ds
- we will increase interchange postings by 50% (90 secondments and loans per year).
- we will increase number of Senior Professional Administration Training Scheme (SPATS) participants from 2 each year.
- targets for interchange posting and targets for SPATS participants met.
|2.5) provide stronger and more honest performance management.
||PD and D/D managers
- A new performance management systems for SCS will be introduced from April 2001 and for Band 1 - 6, from April 2002
- 15 performance management training seminars will be provided for managers.
- new performance management system in place by due date.
- Performance management courses provided.