Transparency spend, payroll and expenses and Trade Union Facility Time
Transparency agenda and HSE staff
The Government has set out its clear agenda to improve transparency about how it spends public money. Greater transparency is at the heart of the Government’s commitment to enable the public to hold politicians and public bodies to account; to reduce the deficit and deliver better value for money in public spending. This includes details of the size and shape of public bodies and about the remuneration it provides.
In order that the public better understands HSE’s organisational structure and pay system we are publishing, an organogram setting out the senior management structure, details of senior and junior posts and the salaries of the most senior members of HSE.
The information of the number staff calculated as full-time equivalents has been drawn from HSE’s HR data system, e-HR, which provides a hierarchical view of the organisation and is based on the staff in post.
The detail of HSE’s pay ranges below the senior civil service is provided in the junior post data. For ease the minimum and maximum of the standard junior pay ranges is provided as a key on the organogram.
The salary costs of reports shown in the senior posts data has been calculated using the base salary and the numbers of hours worked for each member of staff who report directly to each senior command.
NB: The files below are presented in CSV format, guidance on how to use such files is provided in the website help section.
- Expenses April 2014 - June 2014
- Expenses April 2013 - March 2014
- Expenses January - March 2013
- Expenses October - December 2012
- Expenses July - September 2012
- Expenses April - June 2012
- Expenses January - March 2012
- Expenses October - December 2011
- Expenses July - September 2011
- Expenses April - June 2011
- Expenses January - March 2011
- Expenses October - December 2010
- Expenses July - September 2010
- Expenses April - June 2010
- Expenses January - March 2010
- Expenses October - December 2009
- Expenses July - September 2009
- Expenses April - June 2009
Trade Union Facility Time
The Trade Union (Facility Time Publication Requirements) Regulations 2017 took effect from 1 April 2017. One of the elements of this Act is the requirement for employers in the public sector to publish information on facility time each year. This is to enable the Government, employers and taxpayers to assess whether taxpayers’ money spent on Trade Union work represents value for money, is properly monitored, reasonable and transparent.