HSC Annual Report
The HSC Annual Report 2002/03 reports on the work of the HSC/E during 2002/03 and is based on the plans contained in HSC's Business Plan 2002/03.
- Full version of the HSC Annual Report and HSC/E Accounts 2002/03[570kb]
- Key areas of interest
A priced printed version is available from HSE Books.
The Report describes progress with HSC activities to help achieve national targets for health and safety. HSC's contribution is based around four programmes:
- taking action in priority areas ('Priority Programmes');
- ensuring an effective regulatory regime in the major hazards sectors (Work in major hazard Industries)
- securing compliance with the law ('Securing Compliance'); and
- meeting the mandate given by Government ('Mandatory Activities').
It also includes information about the management of HSC/E and the HSC/E Accounts.
The HSC Annual Report has been separated into smaller sections below;
- HSC/E preface, organisation structure and forewords [40kb]
- Summary [20kb]
- Priority programmes [80kb]
- Major hazard industries [50kb]
- Securing compliance [30kb]
- Mandatory activities [70kb]
- Managing the organisation [40kb]
- Annexes [80kb]
- HSC/E accounts [100kb]
- Glossary of abbreviations [20kb]
The maintenance and integrity of the HSE’s website is the responsibility of the accounting officer; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and accordingly the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the web site.