Health and Safety Executive Annual Report & Accounts 2008/09
The HSE Annual Report 2008/09 reports on the work of HSE during the year and delivery of the HSE Business Plan 2008/09.
HSE Annual Report and Accounts 2008/09
This publication is divided into two main sections: Part 1: HSE Annual Report 2008/09 and Part 2: HSE Accounts 2008/09.
Part 1 reports on delivery of the HSE Business Plan 2008/09, together with other key developments in the organisation during the year. It provides examples of key areas of our work and includes:
- progress against our key performance targets;
- how we have managed the organisation (eg staffing figures, diversity, sustainability, corporate governance, business improvements, Freedom of Information figures etc);
- HSE's own health and safety performance;
- our work to secure better regulation;
- a summary of the financial position and results for the reporting year;
- remuneration of members of the HSE Board, Chief Executive and Deputy Chief Executive.
Part 2 includes operating costs and a balance sheet for HSE at 31 March 2009.
The maintenance and integrity of the Health and Safety Executive website is the responsibility of the Accounting Officers; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and accordingly the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the website.
The print-run is limited; please download the document unless you need a printed copy for a particular reason.