Health and Safety Commission Annual Report & Health and Safety Commission/Executive Accounts 2007/08
The HSC Annual Report 2007/08 reports on the work of HSC/E during the year and delivery of the HSC Business Plan 2007/08.
HSC Annual Report and HSC/E Accounts 2007/08
This publication is divided into two main sections: Part 1: HSC Annual Report 2007/08 and Part 2: HSC/E Accounts 2007/08.
Part 1 reports on delivery of the HSC Business Plan 2007/08, together with other key developments in the organisation during the year. It provides examples of key areas of our work and includes:
- progress against our key performance targets;
- how we have managed the organisation (eg staffing figures, diversity, sustainability, corporate governance, business improvements, Freedom of Information figures etc);
- HSE's own health and safety performance;
- our work to secure better regulation;
- a summary of the financial position and results for the reporting year;
- remuneration of members of the HSC and the Executive (prior to the HSC/E merger on 1 April 2008).
Part 2 includes operating costs for the Commission and Executive and a balance sheet for the Executive at 31 March 2008.
The maintenance and integrity of the Health and Safety Executive website is the responsibility of the Accounting Officers; the work carried out by the auditors does not involve consideration of these matters and accordingly the auditors accept no responsibility for any changes that may have occurred to the financial statements since they were initially presented on the web site.