HSE - Quarries National Joint Advisory Committee (QNJAC) - Aims and objectives
Aims and objectives
- Promote health and safety throughout the quarrying and associated industries.
- Develop and implement an agreed work programme.
- Promote the application and implementation of existing health and safety legislation.
- Provide a forum to communicate HSE's operational policy.
- Consult on draft legislation and discuss European proposals as appropriate.
- Review and adapt as appropriate draft material from HSE, trade associations, trades unions, and other interested parties.
- Bring health and safety concerns of the quarrying and associated industries to the attention of manufacturers and suppliers of goods and services.
- Raise training standards and competence of all those who work in the quarrying and associated industries.
- Produce industry specific guidance and training materials.
- Effectively communicate good practice throughout the quarrying and associated industries.