Managing work at height
The installation of 12000 temporary seats in the Basketball Arena to a tight deadline led to innovative ways of designing out risk and managing hazards.
- Identify and plan at an early stage where you can use Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs).
- Develop worker competence in installing scaffolding by practice on a model scaffold
- Test the method statement before work starts
- Illustrate the document with pictures and diagrams as well as text
- Pre-install the handrails on the seating so that there's no need to use harnesses
- Use a trough device to reduce the risk of falling objects.
Use of trough device to reduce manual handling of scaffolding and risk of falling objects