EU Occupational Safety and Health strategy
Government department lead
On 6 June 2014, theropean Commission (EC) published a communication setting out its proposals for a newropean strategic framework on occupational safety and health (OSH). This framework succeeds the former strategy ‘Improving quality and productivity at work: Community strategy 2007-2012 on health and safety at work’.
The Strategic Framework identifies three major health and safety at work challenges and sets out actions under seven strategic objectives:
- Further consolidate national strategies
- Facilitate compliance with OSH legislation, particularly by micro- and small enterprises
- Better enforcement of OSH legislation by Member States
- Simplify existing legislation
- Address the ageing of the workforce, emerging new risks, prevention of work-related and occupational diseases
- Improve statistical data collection and develop the information base
- Better coordinate and international efforts to address OSH and engage with international organisations
None to date.
No dates have been set yet for the Council,ropean Parliament or the other institutions to discuss the communication.