This page provides links to websites relating to MSDs. HSE is not responsible for and cannot guarantee to the accuracy of information on sites that it does not manage and a hyperlink does not mean HSE endorses the linked site.
List of useful websites:
- Back Care
BackCare is dedicated to educating people on how to avoid preventable back pain, and supporting those living with back pain. BackCare has published manual handling guidance entitled 'BackCare at work: an ergonomic guide to manual handling'. This has been produced in partnership with HSE based on research by the Institute of Occupational Medicine.
- Best Treatments
This website was established by the British Medical Journal and NHS Direct to help both patients and doctors find out which treatment is best for them.
- British Chiropractic Association
- Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills
- Department of Health
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
This site contains information of the staff of the Agency, Focal Points, Administrative Board, and provides access to all Agency publications.
- Faculty of Occupational Medicine
- Fit for Work Fit for Work provides free, confidential and impartial work-related health advice to GPs, employers and employees, and offers expert help from occupational health professionals to assist people on sickness absence for four weeks or more return to work.
- General Osteopathic Council
- Health and Safety Executive Stress webpages
- Health Scotland
- Healthy Working Lives The free Health for Work Adviceline in Scotland;
- Healthy Working Wales The free Health for Work Adviceline for Small Business in Wales.
- LAU Newsletter
Contains relevant articles under the title of 'DSE Forum'
- National Back Exchange
National Back Exchange is a multidisciplinary group for those with an interest in back care and prevention of work- related musculoskeletal problems.
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Nursing
- Royal College of Physicians
- RSI Action
- TUC: Hazards Body Mapping
It includes body mapping materials to help identify problems at an early stage.
- US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Baggage Handling Tool
This eTool describes many of the common hazards associated with the baggage handling process as well as providing possible solutions that are ranked according to their feasibility to the operations.
- Work Related Upper Limb Disorders (WRULD)
A site providing details of Court Judgments in personal injury claims in which there was some type of work-related upper limb disorder
- WRULD Court Judgement Database
A site providing details Court Judgments in personal injury claims in which there was some type of work-related upper limb disorder.
- Manual handling at work: A brief guide
- Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace
- Manual handling assessment charts
- Risk assessment of pushing and pulling (RAPP) tool
- Making the best use of lifting and handling aids