Advice for employers
The information in this section will help you to comply with your legal requirements and minimise the risk to your employees of developing back pain or making existing back pain worse.
- Back pain in the workplace
- Preventing back pain
- Helping workers with back pain
- Managing return to work
- Health monitoring
Evidence shows that good industrial relations, job satisfaction and partnership between employers and employees are key elements in the successful management of back pain problems. It may also help you to retain skilled and loyal staff.
- Manual handling at work: A brief guide
- Managing upper limb disorders in the workplace
- Manual handling assessment charts
- Risk assessment of pushing and pulling (RAPP) tool
- Making the best use of lifting and handling aids