The seven steps of leadership and worker involvement
You can move through the seven steps of the toolkit using the navigation above or through selecting 'Next' within each step.
Tips for using the toolkit:
- Do not expect to work your way through the whole toolkit in one sitting. The toolkit should be seen as part of your day to day health and safety management.
- Pick and mix the strategies and techniques in each section that suit your business and your workforce. What's important is that the sections are considered in the order shown. You don't need to do everything in each section.
- Key tools are the most important things to look at and use in each section.
- Share ideas and experiences with other small and medium-sized enterprises using this toolkit.
- Regularly review your progress and make changes where necessary.
- Commit yourself to seeing this through!
- Make this part of your normal way of running your business.
- Use this toolkit on both your directly employed workers and subcontractors.