The right vehicle for the job
- Employers must make sure that vehicles can do the job that is required of them.
- Vehicles should be stable, whatever job they are doing.
Questions to ask
Your specification when choosing a workplace vehicle should include answers to the following questions
- What are the dimensions of the load it will carry?
- How will loads be secured?
- How far will the vehicle travel?
- What terrain will the vehicle be driven on?
- In what conditions will the vehicle be used, for example:
- In a confined space (where an electric model may be more suitable)
- In extremes of heat or cold? And will this affect the operation of the vehicle and/or the driver’s ability to control the vehicle?
Find out more about: