Installation of CCTV equipment
mounting 3 CCTV cameras on the walls of a shopping centre
Factors to consider
- Height - the cameras are to be mounted at a height of 3m.
- Surface Conditions - The floor is even, stable and dry.
- Access to the job is not restricted.
- Work duration - the work is expected to be of short duration as it involves screwing the cameras onto the walls. The cameras weigh less than 10kg.
- Work activity - 'medium' as it involves using both hands to lift and screw the cameras onto the walls.
- Time between equipment movements - expected to be short.
- The weather conditions are fine and dry with a gentle breeze so it is safe to use the equipment.
With all of these conditions, the access equipment that could be considered includes, either a mobile access tower or mobile elevating work platform (MEWP).
HSE Key Message : All access equipment should be used by a competent person in its erection/use/dismantling or operation. If you're still being trained, you should be supervised by someone who is competent to use the access equipment and carry out the task.