Information for employers
How risky is your business? People slipping up at work is the most common cause of major injuries and can prove more costly than you think.
What's the damage?
Every year it costs UK employers £500 million a year.
Read the case study about an unrepaired walkway that cost an employer thousands.
- Over 90% of those injured are absent from work for at least one week.
- Accidents from trips account for 16% of compensation claims.
- Negative PR contributes to low morale within the workplace.
Why not improve your employees' work environment and keep absenteeism, insurance, wage and civil liability costs low?
Follow our top tips to make your workplace safer.
- Put in place a management system.
- Carry out regular risk assessments.
- Make sure you read up on the relevant laws and regulations.
Find out how cleaning procedures can help reduce accidents.