How employees can help
Seen a spillage? Instead of thinking it's someone else's problem, why not clear it up? Your actions could make the difference between someone getting injured or not.
A serious matter
People slipping up at work account for over 11,000 major injuries each year.
Here's a useful checklist to help improve safety for you and your colleagues in the workplace.
Are you a health & safety officer?
- Ensure you have adequate lighting
- Make sure the flooring is even and clean
- Mark slopes and changes of levels
- Store cables safely
- Remove any obstructions
- Clear up spillages immediately
- Dispose of waste fast
- Wear suitable footwear
- Consider measures for visitors
- Follow everything you put in place and use your initiative
Get information on assessing hazards in your workplace
Cleaning floors can prevent accidents - but unless it is done with care, it can also introduce new risks. Read up on the details to keep your staff safe.