Getting started – a 10 point checklist
Use this checklist to make sure you are ready to start the process of implementing the Management Standards.
- Understand what the Management Standards, and the associated processes, are
- Consider if there is already a suitable and sufficient equivalent process or system being used within the organisation
- Decide what approach you want to take, i.e. are you going to follow the Management Standards or a suitable and sufficient equivalent approach.
- Gain commitment to the process from senior managers, including commitment to resources.
- Gain commitment to the process from employees and their representatives.
- Set up a steering group and decide on a project champion.
- Develop a project plan.
- Secure adequate resources, particularly staff time.
- Develop a communication/employee engagement plan.
- If required, develop an organisational stress policy.
When you have done this you are ready to move on to the Five steps of the Management Standards