Other respiratory diseases
The latest information shows:
Farmer's lung and other allergic alveolitis
- The estimated number of new cases reported by respiratory physicians (THOR-SWORD) each year has fluctuated, averaging 38 per year over the last 10 years.
- Estimated numbers were somewhat lower in the latest two years with 14 cases in 2014 and 10 cases in 2015
- Numbers of annual deaths and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit cases have typically been similar in recent years with an average of 8 per year over the last decade.
- Numbers of new cases assessed for IIDB each year have reduced over the last decade.
- There were 15 new cases assessed for IIDB in 2015. The average number of new cases each year over the last 10 years was 32.
- Annual deaths and Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit cases continue to be very low: there were on average less than 5 deaths and IIDB cases per year over the last 10 years. There are now relatively few workers employed within cotton processing in Britain.