Statement of principles for joint badging/endorsing third party guidance
HSE considers when it is appropriate to endorse guidance publications produced by others and to allow the use of HSE’s logo. Decisions currently take account of the following considerations:
- whether HSE has been actively involved, subject to resources being available, in producing guidance with third parties to address a particular need, eg regulation, topic or specific industry issue that other HSE guidance does not already address;
- whether common topics (eg risk assessment, health surveillance, workplace transport etc) are described in a way that is consistent with HSE’s own guidance;
- whether the guidance sets out what is required to comply with the law and makes it clear where the guidance goes beyond compliance eg to meet a specific business or sector need;
- whether robust arrangements are in place to monitor the effectiveness of the guidance and ensure it is reviewed and kept up to date;
- that the use of HSE’s logo does not provide commercial advantage to the author organisation.