RR437 - The underlying causes of falls from vehicles associated with slip and trip hazards on steps and floors
The project aim was to establish the underlying reasons for slip, trip and fall accidents to professional drivers.
The objectives of the project were:
- To identify the degree and causes of slipperiness of cab and trailer steps, 5th wheel and trailer floor.
- To assess the best types of flooring used and available.
- To identify tripping hazards.
- To give an indication of drivers' ‘normal practice’ when accessing and egressing vehicles, including the frequency and purpose of accessing loads on the backs of trailers, and the provision and adequacy of on-board access equipment.
- To identify the types of footwear used by drivers and their suitability as anti-slip footwear.
The Research Report Series are produced in Adobe Acrobat. The use of the latest version of the software is recommended which is available at the Adobe website via the link on this page.
Assistance in the use of Adobe Acrobat PDF files is available on our FAQs page.