Does the legislation apply to you?
Regulation (EU) 649/2012 applies to:
- exporters of any chemicals; and
- importers of chemicals that are banned or severely restricted by either EU legislation or the Rotterdam Convention.
unless the chemicals are:
- chemicals in 10 kg or less for research or analysis;
- chemical weapons;
- feeding stuffs;
- food and feed additives;
- genetically modified organisms;
- medicinal and veterinary medicinal products;
- narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances;
- radioactive materials and substances;
To find out if you are an exporter, go to Exporting chemicals.
To find out if you are an importer, go to Importing chemicals.