This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Pesticides registration

Changes due to Brexit

Your health and safety responsibilities will not change when the UK leaves the EU. This guidance is under review.

Find the latest information on our Brexit pages

Tractor Spraying Grassland

Before any pesticide product can be used, sold, supplied or stored it must be authorised for use.

These authorisations are granted by the Chemicals Regulation Division (CRD) on behalf of Ministers under a range of specific pesticide related legislation.

This page links to information on applying for approval of active substances in the EU and authorisation of products in the UK.

The Registration Process

Full details on how to submit an application are given in:

We also have an:

Approval and review of active substances in the EU

Guidance on how to go about applying for approval of a new active substance via the EU process, along with guidance about the Review of existing active substance is included in the Applicant Guide. 

Fees for Applications

Information on CRD Fees charged for individual application types is available at the following link

Data Requirements

Details of the data requirements for approval of active substances in the EU and authorisation of products in the UK, as well as guidance documents, are given in our Data Requirements area.

Classification and Labelling guidance

Guidance on classification and labelling of products is given in our Labelling Handbook.

Application Forms

See a list of application forms on the following page: