How do I use the information from my risk assessment?
Your risk assessment will have produced information on the risks and an action plan for controlling noise. Use this information to:
- Tackle the immediate risk, eg by providing hearing protection.
- Identify what is possible to control noise, how much reduction could be achieved and what is reasonably practicable.
- Establish priorities for action and a timetable (eg, consider where there could be immediate
benefits, what changes may need to be phased in over a longer period of time and the number
of people exposed to the noise in each case).
- Assign responsibilities to people to deliver the various parts of the plan.
- Ensure the work on noise control is carried out.
- Check that what you have done has worked.