Join the Buy Quiet partnership
HSE wants to encourage a wider partnership on Buy Quiet that can expand understanding and share ideas and experience.
HSE is working with volunteer partner organisations to facilitate development of workplaces with lower risk of noise-induced hearing loss.
Contact Buy.Quiet@hse.gov.uk. to join us
HSE’s role in Buy Quiet
- Provide guidance to:
- help manufacturers provide useful noise information
- help purchasers use this noise information
- work with its counterpart organisations in Europe and across the globe to develop useful, accurate and consistent information;
- work with the European Standards bodies (CEN and CENELEC) and the European Commission to determine and promote publication of noise information that is of practical value to its recipients;
- conduct market surveillance as called upon by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to ensure that suppliers are meeting their statutory duties;
- encourage work equipment manufacturers to develop quiet products;
- encourage work equipment importers and suppliers to consider noise when deciding what products to market;
- encourage employers to choose quiet work equipment.