Flowchart description (neat oil)
- Drain the oil (a) and replace with the same volume of an emulsifiable cleaner.
- Circulate under minimum load for time (b), operating any ancillary equipment and checking flow rates regularly.
- Drain the system as fully as possible to ensure complete removal of emulsified water.
- Refill the system with the oil to be used or with a compatible neat flushing oil.
- Circulate under minimum load for time (c), operating any ancillary equipment and checking flow rates regularly. During circulation, check the system integrity and be prepared to repair and replace any defective parts, such as seals.
- Drain the oil, again as completely as possible. Repair and replace any defective parts.
- Refill the system with fresh oil and begin normal machining operations.