Beta This is a new way of showing guidance - your feedback will help us improve it.
Key actions in managing specialist help effectively
- Make adequate resources available to provide competent advice to your organisation
- Review the effectiveness of the arrangements for obtaining specialist help - poor or misinterpreted advice could have an adverse effect on your organisation
- Think about exactly what you need help with
- Make sure you have understood the advice given by the specialist, and that any solutions offered are sensible and workable
- Implement the advice - monitor its effect and review
- Meet with the specialist to discuss your requirements. It is essential that they have a good understanding of your organisation before offering advice
Worker consultation and involvement
- Make sure the specialist or consultant works with workers or their representatives in assessing risk and establishing control measures
- How will you check that the specialist is the right person to help?
- Do they have experience in your type of work?
- Have you checked that the specialist or consultant is competent? A good indicator is to check OSHCR