What will this do for my organisation?
Your workforce will be more aware of risks and how they are controlled.
What do I need to do?
You must provide your employees with information on:
- your risk assessment, including the protective measures you’ve taken;
- how to deal with any potentially dangerous situations;
- your specific requirements for temporary or vulnerable workers, e.g. pregnant employees etc; and
- changes to workplace conditions or practices, e.g. new equipment or change in processes.
How can you do this?
There are various methods for different workplaces. Suggestions include:
- providing information during your workplace induction process;
- using images where possible;
- carrying out briefings with your workforce to take account of site conditions and pass on information about changes;
- using an interpreter and/or having information translated if necessary; and
- involving your employees in all matters which affect their health and safety at work, eg risk assessments and operating procedures.