A General ACOP and guidance document L138 provides detailed advice on how employers can meet their duties under DSEAR. In addition, more specific activity-related guidance is available in the following publications:
- ACOP L134 -Design of Plant, Equipment and Workplaces- gives practical advice on assessing the risk from, and the design and use of, plant, equipment and workplaces which handle or process dangerous substances. It includes measures for making redundant plant and equipment safe.
- ACOP L135 -Storage of Dangerous Substances- gives practical advice on the requirements of Regulations 5 and 6 to assess the risks from and the control and mitigation measures for, places where dangerous substances are stored. It includes the safe disposal of waste materials.
- ACOP L136 -Control and Mitigation Measures- gives practical advice on the requirements of Regulations 5 and 6 to identify the hazards arising from the dangerous substance and put in place adequate ventilation, ignition control and separation measures to control risks.
- ACOP L137 – Safe Maintenance, Repair and Cleaning Procedures - gives practical advice on identifying hazards and implementing appropriate control measures and systems of work during maintenance and other similar non-routine activities. It includes advice on hot work and on permit-to-work systems for those activities identified as high risk.
- ACOP L133 Unloading Petrol from Road Tankers