- ManagersPlan loading and unloading to minimise work at height.
Supervise safe systems and use of access equipment.
- Vehicle buyersAvoid the need to work at height by choosing ground based controls.
Insist on slip resistant surfaces.
- WorkersDon't jump off vehicles. Always use steps and handholds.
Follow safe systems of work.
Report missing or damaged equipment.
If you specify delivery vehicles, oversee their maintenance or manage operations involving the loading and unloading of goods this information may help you understand why people fall from these kinds of vehicles and how these falls can be prevented.
- Preventing slips, trips and falls from vehicles: The basics
- Safe access to road-going vehicles: Specifying the right equipment
- Selecting flooring materials to avoid falls from vehicles
- Selecting the right footwear to avoid falls from vehicles
- Managing work to avoid falls from vehicles
- Delivering safely: Co-operating to prevent workplace vehicle accidents