- ManagersPlan loading and unloading to minimise work at height.
Supervise safe systems and use of access equipment.
- Vehicle buyersAvoid the need to work at height by choosing ground based controls.
Insist on slip resistant surfaces.
- WorkersDon't jump off vehicles. Always use steps and handholds.
Follow safe systems of work.
Report missing or damaged equipment.
These case studies give examples of good practice from industry. They show how companies have tried to reduce injuries due to falls from vehicles through sensible management of health and safety risks in the workplace. Even if they don't show the type of vehicle you use, the good ideas others have found may be adapted to your situation.
- Warburtons change vehicles to reduce accidents
- MultiServ reduce the risk of slips and trips
- 3663 First for Foodservice
- Morrisons make it safer for their drivers and fitters
- Shanks Waste Management Ltd
- Balfour Beatty and Billingtons join forces for safer sites
- Balfour Beatty saves time and increases safety
- Shepherd Group’s solution to working at height
- Milbank Trucks reduce the risks of falls from vehicles
- Bovis Lend Lease and William Hare Ltd working together
- Wickes makes home improvements
- Travis Perkins - building safer deliveries
- Select improve access to flat-bed trailers and rigid vehicles
- Saint-Gobain PAM UK - safe unloading of pipes