This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Social media

Javascript is required to use HSE website social media functionality.

When does CDM 2007 (Construction, Design and Management Regulations 2007) apply to a project?

The CDM 2007 Regulations apply to most common building, civil engineering and engineering construction work. You must notify HSE of the site if the construction work is expected to either:

HSE should be notified in writing before construction work starts; you can use form F10. Your notification should be sent to the HSE office nearest to the proposed site.

Further information on CDM 2007 is available on HSE's construction section.


L144 - Managing health and safety in construction (ISBN 9780717662234 - available from HSE Books)

Updated 2013-11-13