This website uses non-intrusive cookies to improve your user experience. You can visit our cookie privacy page for more information.

Social media

Javascript is required to use HSE website social media functionality.

Workplace health and safety concerns

The law requires employers and the self-employed to conduct their business in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that persons affected are not exposed to risks to their health or safety. This includes providing essential welfare facilities for employees.

Stop check

  • Is HSE the correct enforcing authority?
  • Have you discussed the situation with...?
  • Do you have all the information to hand?

More on stop check

Resolving your concerns

  • Speak to your employer and try to resolve the issue; and/or
  • Contact your work/safety representative, or your trade union representative

How to resolve your concern

Raising your concern

If you consider that your employer (or someone else’s) work activity is putting your safety at risk or damaging your health, then you should raise your concerns with that employer or person.

Raising your concern