CD271 – Consultation on Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002
This consultative document seeks views on HSE’s proposed revised version of the Approved Code of Practice on the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations 2002 (DSEAR). L133 – Unloading petrol from road tankers.
The key changes include:
- Increased emphasis on the importance of complying with the risk assessment elements of DSEAR.
- Expanded sections on overfill and spillage to provide further guidance in relation to these issues.
- Clearer definitions of some terms, for example maximum working capacity of storage tanks.
- Reorganisation of the text to ensure clarity on what is required to comply with the law for the various parties involved.
- Signposting to separate HSE guidance on working at height which enables the ACOP to focus on the key DSEAR elements of unloading of petrol.
The Regulations are unchanged and so there are no new requirements for compliance
View the consultative document.
Respond to the consultation using the online questionnaire or download a form to complete.
This consultation began on 11 June and ends on 22 July 2014.
Responses should be sent by 22 July 2014 to:
DSEAR ACOP Consultation Team
Health and Safety Executive
5S1 Redgrave Court