CD210 - "A Stronger Voice for Health and Safety" A Consultative Document on merging the Health and Safety Commission and Health and Safety Executive
This Consultative Document sought views on merging the Health and Safety Commission and Health and Safety Executive into a single body. The Consultative Document has been endorsed by Lord Hunt of Kings Heath, Minister for Health and Safety. The document:
- Describes the origins of HSC/E, the role of Local Authorities and the existing governance arrangements.
- Sets out the case for merging the Commission and Executive and elaborates and seeks views on a set of principles that underpin our proposed framework for establishing a single authority for health and safety at work.
- Outlines our objectives for an improved governance structure and invites comments on how we propose to achieve it.
- Summarises the legislative options for merging HSC and HSE and timescales for transition.
8 August 2007 - DWP announces Ministerial consultation
- The Merger of the Health and Safety Commission and the Health and Safety Executive