Consultations and discussions that ended during 2007
- CD213 (Consultation started: 17 August 2007 and Revised: 24 August 2007) - A Consultative document on European Commission proposals for a European Regulation on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, based on the UN's globally harmonised system on the classification and labelling of chemicals (GHS)
This document seeks comments on the Regulation proposed by the European Commission (EC) to adopt the United Nations' Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals - commonly referred to as 'GHS'.
Consultation ended 2 November 2007
- Consultation by the Better Regulation Executive - "Effective Consultation: asking the right questions, asking the right people, listening to the answers"
"Effective Consultation: asking the right questions, asking the right people, listening to the answers" has been launched by the Better Regulation Executive as the centre-piece of the Government’s review of consultation policy. This paper asks how Government can better consult so that it can truly get to hear the views of those who use public services and who might be affected by changes to policy or by new legislation. The consultation document and associated links, including a discussion forum, are available online at www.consultations.gov.uk.
Consultation ended 28 September 2007
- CD212 - Proposals for revised policies to address societal risk around onshore non-nuclear major hazard installations
A consultative document on a Government proposal that information about societal risk around onshore non-nuclear major hazard installations should be taken into consideration in the management of such sites and in decisions on land use around them.
Consultation ended 2 July 2007
- Consultation by the Institute of Directors: new guidance on directors’ responsibilities for health and safety.
At the request of HSC, the Institute of Directors (IoD) is leading a steering group of key stakeholders to oversee production of new guidance setting out what is expected of directors. IoD is conducting a consultation on the latest draft of the guidance.
Consultation ended 22 June 2007
- CD211 - Proposals for revised policies for HSE advice on development control around large-scale petrol storage sites
A consultative document on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)’s proposals for revised policies on the advice it gives to Local Planning Authorities (LPAs) on development control in the vicinity of large-scale petrol storage sites, in the light of the explosion and fire at the Buncefield Depot.
Consultation ended 22 May 2007
- CD210 - "A Stronger Voice for Health and Safety"
A Consultative Document on merging the Health and Safety Commission and Health and Safety Executive.
Consultation ended 5th March 2007