Consultations and discussions that ended during 2006
- Consultation on the Work at Height (Amendment) Regulations
The proposals for the way in which the Work at Height Regulations will apply to those paid to lead or teach others in climbing or caving activities. On 1 August HSE launched a three month consultation on the amended proposals.
Consultation ended: 31 October 2006
- European Commission draft Regulation on Classification and Labelling of Substances and Mixtures based on the UN Globally Harmonised System (GHS)
Your views on the European Commission’s proposed Regulation on Classification and Labelling of Substances and Mixtures based on the UN Globally Harmonised System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). Your views will help us understand what the draft Regulation will mean for the UK and help us to negotiate on behalf of the UK in Europe.
Consultation ended: 21 October 2006
- Equality Schemes Framework: Disability Equality Scheme, Gender Equality Scheme
Your views on how we propose to meet our general duties to promote Disability Equality and Gender Equality. All public authorities are required to publish a disability equality scheme by 4 December 2006 and a gender equality scheme by 6 April 2007.
Consultation ended: 18 October 2006
- Proposals to implement the second list of indicative occupational exposure limit values (European Directive 2006/15/EC) [PDF 324kb]
The second European Commission Directive on Indicative Occupationa lExposure Limit Values (2006/15/EC) (the 2nd IOELV Directive) was adopted on 7 February 2006. This Consultative Document sets out the Health and Safety Commission’s (HSC’s) proposals for establishing Workplace Exposure Limits (WELs) for the 33 substances listed in the Directive.
Consultation ended: 27 September 2006
- Managing workplace transport risk - a route map
You are invited to comment on proposals for a route map for workplace transport. The route map will provide an easy to understand and readily accessible framework of current legislation, guidance and agreed good practice.
Consultation ended: 22 September 2006.
- Improving worker involvement - Improving health and safety
This consultation sets out options aimed at increasing the quality and quantity of worker involvement in health and safety risk management by voluntary initiatives or by strengthening the legal requirements for consultation with employees.
Consultation ended: 08 September 2006.
- Welsh Language Scheme: 2006 / Cynllun Iaith Gymraeg: 2006
Comments on this Welsh Language Scheme for the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). This was prepared with the Welsh Language Board to the principle established by the Welsh Language Act that English and Welsh should be treated on the basis of equality.
Consultation ended: 14 August 2006.
- NAPIT Consultation – Application to set up Registration Scheme under GSIUR
Regulation 3(3) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 (GSIUR) requires employers of people doing work on a gas fitting or service pipework, and self-employed people doing such work, to be members of a ‘class of persons’ approved by the HSE (with very limited exceptions). For a decade and a half the registration scheme run by CORGI has been the sole option for the GB domestic gas industry.
Consultation ended: 5 July 2006.